Three Is The Magic Number

Hot Springs, Arkansas
A man and a woman had a little baby Yeah they did And there were three in the family And thats a magic number ~Blind Melon

Saturday, August 8, 2009

I spend my life preparing

I am currently supposed to be cleaning the house (while Kevin is cleaning outside) however I had a urge to write, so here I am. I spend so much of my life preparing ... its one of the things that makes me me (and thank goodness my family is okay with it), spend weeks or days preparing for things ... small and large things, trips, grocery store trips, weekends, holiday's. Speaking of holiday's ... we are fast approaching one of my very favorites ... LANEY'S BIRTHDAY! I love it, I do turn it into a holiday. Preparation for this particular holiday have been in full swing since June. Yes, that's right June ... I know I know she is only three and won't remember ... I don't really care if she will remember ... the look and excitement on her face will be so gratifying that two and a half months of preparation will be so worth it. It's so very hard to believe that just 3 short years ago I was preparing for her birth (that was definitely a 9 month preparation) ... had her room ready, the living room ready, the kitchen ready everything was waiting patiently for her arrival ... us too ... we waited and waited and waited, even the day she was born we waited all day and then at about 6:00 p.m. she was born into our world at a
fabulous 20 1/2 inches and 8 lbs and 11 oz. Once she was born I cried as I watch Kevin hold her (I do not regret letting him be the first to hold her one bit) ... I was so beside myself and overcome with joy that all I could do was watch and then after I gained my composure I held that beautiful baby girl that was already the center of my world. I can't even explain the love I have for her and how much it grows daily. She is everything I could have ever asked for in a sweet baby angel girl. She is already my best girlfriend and I know as we continue our journey together my love for her will grow stronger and our bond tighter. So, for her third birthday I am prepared to give her everything she has asked for ... a Wizard of Oz birthday party, complete with a yellow brick road, a witch under a house, lollipops and poppies ... and a PINK GUITAR. I am so very excited for her party and she is too (she is crossing the days off a calendar) and can't wait to see her face and her excitement next Saturday. Preparation is so worth it everytime!

1 comment:

The Campbell's said...

Love this blog. So sweet!