Three Is The Magic Number

Hot Springs, Arkansas
A man and a woman had a little baby Yeah they did And there were three in the family And thats a magic number ~Blind Melon

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Where oh where did my Laney go? Oh where oh where ...

Some things I do as a mommy give me so much pride. Sometimes its little things and sometimes big things. This week I made a mad dash home at lunch. I knew I had to stop at the store for black elastic first. I did that ate a quick lunch then got to sewing. Laney started dance class this week and her tap shoes needed to be attached with elastic ... that just won't do for my honey. I had to add some pink and black zebra print ribbon to the elastic. Sewing that up gave me so much happiness as a mommy. I never thought I would be so excited to do something so small for my daughter.
I have to say how very excited I am about her dancing. It was always such a passion of mine and I hope she finds the joy in it that I did and still do (just in a different way). Me and Kevin were so proud of her at her class we both went, watched and took pictures. She is growing so fast, but I love the changes and phases.

IT WAS AWFUL! She hated it! She didn't mind, she cried ... let me rephrase she screamed! She was NOT my child, I promise, I am not just saying that, but seriously she didn't act like my child. I made her stay in there crying and having a horrible time. Kevin was so embarrassed he went and waited in the car. Thank goodness that came and went quickly ... and it's funny looking at the above pics you wouldn't have known what kind of experience we really had!

So, here we are and last night was our 3rd class and she loves it. She did get moved to different class with more kids (which I am glad for) and she is really learning, she can tell you and demonstrate a plié, relevé and tendu. I thank Jesus he gave me MY CHILD back! I love her in dance and love that it is one of the many things we can share. I am constantly going over the terms and demonstrating them for her ... thank you for Jesus for my knowledge.

No comments: