Three Is The Magic Number

Hot Springs, Arkansas
A man and a woman had a little baby Yeah they did And there were three in the family And thats a magic number ~Blind Melon

Saturday, July 18, 2009

To splint or not to splint ... Miss Arkansas

First let me update you on my still hurting thumb! Doc said no broken bones ... well I knew that. Just some probable torn ligaments and tendons ... here were this splint (that is making my thumb hurt in a totally different way) and put ice on it every night and take Advil regularly. If its not better by next Wednesday you will need to see an Ortho doc. Okay fine. I do have to say the splint has made what was hurting go away, but there is a whole new pain, whatever, I don't know what's better .... the spilt or none. I think today I'm going to go without and see what happens. I hate it for one, look at me trying to put lipstick on Laney that she so desperately wanted before we went to the Miss Arkansas Pageant.
So, the Miss Arkansas pageant was fantastic. Laney loved it and stuck it out for 2.5 hours before she was ready to leave. I wasn't sure if she would even like it. Our tickets were really good on the aisle and she could see great. All week she has been talking about seeing the "princesses and dancing girls." As soon as we got home from work/school she asked if she could pick out a crown to wear, so we did, then she asked if she could pick out her dress, so we did, then she asked if she could pick out my dress, so we did. We just had to wait like 3 hours to go. She was such a comedian commenting on the girls ... the lady in front of us told me at intermission that Laney was cracking her up!! Lots and lots of people commented on how cute Laney was and ohhed and ahhed over her and of course I LOVE that! First was swimsuit (Laney kept asking me if they were going swimming:) then was talent which Laney loved, most of them danced and there was some good dancing ... that's my favorite talent I guess because I actually know what they are doing and what is hard. It was obviously Laney's favorite too, because about 6 into evening gown she said she was ready to leave because the girls aren't dancing anymore. I think she would have lasted through the whole thing if they weren't asking each contestant a question ... I think Laney got bored with that. I will have to look at the paper today to see who won last night's preliminary. Tonight is the actual pageant for the top 10 but me and Kevin have a date so we couldn't go tonight. Next year though I will take her to the top 10. I am so glad she had a good time! My mom and I used to make it a girls trip and come to Hot Springs for the final night. I am so blessed to live in Hot Springs so we can just hop over there and watch whenever we like ...

No comments: