Three Is The Magic Number

Hot Springs, Arkansas
A man and a woman had a little baby Yeah they did And there were three in the family And thats a magic number ~Blind Melon

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Best Day

Dear Laney,

You are at an age where you really are a little girl. You are opinionated, strong, bossy, independent, loving, sweet, generous and beautiful. Actually, you are a mini-me. Looking at you and seeing your reactions and actions I feel so blessed to be such a huge part of your life. Laney you are growing up too fast, I love this age and wish I could freeze it just a little longer, but I can’t so I have to take every minute I have and hold it close to my heart. You are so girly and I love that. You want your toes and fingernails to always be painted and you are quick to tell me they need to be touched up. That is one thing I love to do … manicures and pedicures with you and I love to take you to pick out new polish, it always intrigues me when you make your choice. Honey, you think that you have to wear a dress and that they make you a princess and beautiful. This is not something I want you to believe in and I am working on that with you. Dresses, necklaces, bracelets, crowns, none of that make you beautiful, I want you to understand that you are beautiful with or without them and that you can look like a ragamuffin and still be beautiful. This weekend I noticed you saying “I can’t do it very good.” All I could think was who taught you that? I quickly corrected and told you that you absolutely can do it very good, just try and you can. I hate those negative thoughts in your beautiful head. I want don’t want you to know “can’t do it very good!” Laney, you can do it because I know you can!!

I want you to always look to me for comfort and that place where you can be at peace with yourself, that place where it really doesn’t matter what you’re doing or what your look like, where you can 100% be yourself and have no worries about what will be thought of you. Believe me you do it now, you don’t care if you have snot on your forehead and tears streaming down your check when I’m around and I am honestly glad that you don’t hold back with me, it would hurt my feelings if you did.

I get so very excited about days alone with you because I swear at 2 ½ years old you are my best girlfriend. This Saturday your Daddy had to work so it was just you and me kiddo. On Saturday morning you woke up in the best most loving mood. We watched Mickey Mouse and I made Banana Nut muffins. We had a shower and then got dressed and headed out to the mall. We spent 3 hours at the mall, just two best friends hanging out. You were even suggesting stores to go in. We didn’t need anything but we did buy a little. We just walked through the mall holding hands, talking, sharing and browsing. As we were headed back to the lake you told me you were tired but you wanted to go out on a boat ride with me. So we packed up an ice chest, towels, sunscreen and the dogs and headed out onto the lake. We rode and talked for a then the sandman got you and you napped.

There on the lake where we rode around for about 2 hours all I could think about was you and the best day we just had and I had to say, thank You, Jesus, for blessing my life more than I could have ever asked, thank You for the honest and real relationship I already have with Laney, I know it is only going to get better and thank You for my mama who taught me how to have a honest and real relationship with my precious, angel, baby daughter.

Love, Love, Love You-
Mama

1 comment:

Lisa Teer said...

Yes, my bebe', she is a mini-you and you "were" a mini-me (of course until you came into your own)! What a grand circle of life! As I read what you wrote, I strolled back into the memories that I have of us and felt exactly the same way about you as you do her.. I could just picture us at the mall having "girl" time and it certainly brought tears to my eyes. I still feel the same way about you, my sweet little angel girl...and I know that my mama feels the same way about me...It NEVER ends...It just keeps spinning round and round and, I like you, Thank God for that!!!