Three Is The Magic Number

Hot Springs, Arkansas
A man and a woman had a little baby Yeah they did And there were three in the family And thats a magic number ~Blind Melon

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it

When we first started discussing Christmas and asking Laney what she wanted all she asked for was Red Presents ... wow, that is easy! So I wrapped everything in Red with Red bows and they are all safely hidden in the attic. The hardest part about that was finding paper that wasn't red (or didn't have red as the main color) for all of our families gifts since they sit under the tree. I accomplished this (thank you Hobby Lobby). Well, we really haven't told her anything that Santa is bringing and since she didn't ask for anything we just bought her stuff she would like. Last week, she started asking for things ... she asked for a Dora (which we bought ... a doll and a movie) .... SCORE 1 ... she asked for a puppy (which we have bought and are picking up on Christmas Eve and she will get it on Christmas Day from Santa ... BIG SCORE 2 ... she asked for a slide and a swing (which Gigi, G-Dad and Nana got her, but it's really from Santa) ... BIG SCORE 3! I am thinking to myself WHAT how did we do so well, we obviously really know our child. Because she is getting what she wants this Christmas (all by accident) I am so very excited! When she told us she wanted a puppy I really got tears of joy because I was so happy!

She will be excited about all her new treasures! We are having Christmas in Texarkana with all my families this weekend and I know there are great things under their trees that will make her sparkly with joy. I need to do some old toy clean out this week to get the playroom ready for her new things.

I thank God everyday for all of our blessings and this year I feel so wonderfully and truly blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen & Amen....With Love Breezie