Three Is The Magic Number

Hot Springs, Arkansas
A man and a woman had a little baby Yeah they did And there were three in the family And thats a magic number ~Blind Melon

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A Christmas Survey

Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot Chocolate with lots of marshmallows and egg nog with that special sauce

Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Both, only leaves out things that will look cool sitting out ... and this year Laney asked for red presents so all but 2 are wrapped

Colored lights on tree/house or white?
white

Do you hang mistletoe? I don’t have any but if I did I would hang it

When do you put your decorations up? Weekend after thanksgiving.


What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Ham from Weldon's Meat Market

Favorite holiday memory as a child: one year drew had a bigger "pile" than me and I was feeling sad and pouting and then my dad brought me out a TV that was hidden ... also remember getting my dooney & bourke ... also remember when Drew got a new truck ... and some new bicycles one year too ... goodness so so many good childhood Christmas memories

When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? What there's no Santa?

Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Only Jammas

How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? With everything ... it’s fabulously and beautifully gaudy ... every year each of us gets an ornament that represents something with us (this year mine is an apple because it was my first time to go to NYC)

Snow! Love it or Dread it? Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!

Can you ice skate? Yes, but I'm no Nancy Kerrigan

Do you remember your favorite gift? Um, diamond earring from Kevin ... and a really good shaded pearl necklace ... and everything else I've ever gotten (well almost)

What is the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Teaching Laney about Christmas and what it all really means

What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Coconut Cream Pie

What is your holiday tradition? Christmas Eve service, dinner (starting a new tradition this year and ordering pizza), reading the real Christmas story and Twas the night before Christmas ... Christmas day ... presents, breakfast, and late lunch

What tops your tree? A gold and frosted glass star Kevin and I bought our first year married ... its broken. We also have the first star from the first Christmas tree we shared ... it's not very pretty, I think it cost $1 ... on our tree

Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving

What is your favorite Christmas Song? Traditional: O Holy Night ... Non-Traditional: Christmas in Dixie

Candy Canes? Yum or yuck? Yummy

What do you want for Christmas? Stuff for our house. But I have to say I am super pumped about my present from Kevin this year ... I haven't said I wanted anything and he has been very secretive so I am so excited to see what it is!

Do you attend an annual Christmas Party? Several ... Tis the Season

Do you dress up on Christmas or wear PJs? Jammas

Do you own a Santa hat? Nope

Who do you normally spend Christmas with? My wonderful beautiful little family

No comments: