Three Is The Magic Number

Hot Springs, Arkansas
A man and a woman had a little baby Yeah they did And there were three in the family And thats a magic number ~Blind Melon

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Lasso the Moon

What is it you want, Mary? What do you want? You want the moon? Just say the word and I'll throw a lasso around it and pull it down. Hey. That's a pretty good idea. I'll give you the moon, Mary.

I'll take it. Then what?

Well, then you can swallow it, and it'll all dissolve, see... and the moonbeams would shoot out of your fingers and your toes and the ends of your hair... am I talking too much?

On Friday Laney tried to jump to grab the moon. Thought it was really cute and adorable. Then this morning we were getting to the car--and you know how that is, mornings can be incredulous sometimes in good and not so good ways--she walked halfway down the driveway and was looking to the sky. I was in my normal "come on we have to go to school mode" and she looked and said I have to get the moon and she tried to jump at the sky she then looked at me and said where did the moon go so then I explained the difference between night and day. She wants the moon so bad ... I wish I could get it for her. But then again she already has moonbeams shooting out of her fingers and toes and the ends of her hair.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll never forget her trying to "hop-hop" to reach the moon... It was one of the sweetest things I've ever seen... Breezie