Three Is The Magic Number

Hot Springs, Arkansas
A man and a woman had a little baby Yeah they did And there were three in the family And thats a magic number ~Blind Melon

Monday, September 8, 2008

New Friend

So I am in Indianapolis. Kevin is taking care of Laney while I'm away.

He calls this afternoon and tells me the following story about our very smart 2 year old (who is in a new class with new kids). "When I went in to get Laney from school today she said 'Daddy this is Noah.' I said to Noah 'Is your name Noah?' and she said 'This is Noah.' She made a new friend and introduced us this afternoon,"Kevin told me. And ... OMG ... how cute, my heart was melting. Then he proceeded to tell me ... "When we were in the car on the way home she first asked for a book to look at so I gave her one then she said 'Daddy sing,' so I was singing then she said 'Sing loud,' so I did and then she told me 'Don't sing too loud I'm trying to read.'" ... OMG now I'm really melting, she is so smart and has such a great vocabulary ... we are so proud.

We just got back on Friday from our first beach trip with Laney. I do want to tell you about it and add pictures, but they are on my laptop at home (as opposed to my work laptop which I have with me) so until I get back home the posting will have to wait,however, I will say we had an absolutely wonderful time, Laney loved the beach and the ocean and she was an amazing doll the whole time. But I will write about our adventures soon, I promise.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is too cute!! I am sure Laney will have lots of new friends in her new class. Have fun in Indianapolis! Sorry we missed u at the game this weekend...looking forward to reading the blog ;)
Shelly and Mike

Anonymous said...

So give some tips on beach, we are going in 1 week.

So I started a blog too, but I don't know if I'm ready for you to see it yet.......